Here are some pics of the last few days in Canada.

View from our hotel room window

Tova looking at/touching the waterfall

Looking out Hotel Window

In the shops buying touristy stuff

On the train towards Toronto

Sleeping on the mattress on the floor surrounded by anything I could find so she wouldn't fall off. In the hotel near the airport on our last night in Canada

 On the plane in LA waiting for take off. It was after midnight for Tova. She was done.

Journey Home

We made it home!

We went to the airport at about 12 mid day as that was our hotel check out time.
We didn't have to pay for our very heavy one suitcase because the lady at the airline desk was lovely.

We went through American customs in Toronto.. helpful! This meant that we didn't have to see our checked on bag until Melbourne!

Our flight wasn't until about 5pm, so we had loads of time to kill. We wandered around, ate food, sat around, watched the Ipad, talked to people and finally set off for Chicago.

We got on the plane first. I sat Tova next to the window so that she wouldn't fall off the isle seat nor bother the person sitting next to her (other than bothering me, which is fine of course). The guy that had booked that seat was quite horrified that she was sitting in his seat. I offered to move her after explaining that it was for safety reasons and for his own sanity, he wouldn't talk to me. I even said that the flight attendants would move us or him, or any combination that made him happy. He still wouldn't talk. I think he must have a diagnosis of something, so he is excused for being a bum head. Not his fault, unless he is just a fartface. Anyway. I got to talking with the mum in the seat in front of us and wished so much that we had all been seated together. She was great to talk to. Her daughter has some special needs and she was moving cities to be able to get better education and therapy for her child.

When we landed the horrible guy next to me wouldn't move, even though I had told him I had 40 mins to get to my next plane and had to run, he did get up to let me out when I physically got up and started walking into him.

Tova and I ran to our next plane and bored the second we got there. That wasn't fun.

This flight was about 4 hours. I don't remember much about it. Boring. Actually, that story above may be from the Chicago to LA flight. I am not sure what happened on the flight from Toronto to Chicago. It was quick, we ran off right away to get our flight to LA.

When we got off at LA we ran to our next boarding gate where we found out that our flight was delayed. So I was able to catch a breath.
It was midnight for Tova by then. She was completely wrecked. Crying, blotchy face and ended up falling asleep in her pram. When we boarded the flight I lay her down on two seats until we took off. The flight attendant moved the guy in our row so we had 3 seats to ourselves. When we took off I sat Tova up and she remained asleep. She stayed asleep for 9 hours. Then stayed awake until we got home yesterday in the evening. I don't know what that means in hours, but she stayed awake for ages.

We got to Sydney, had a short wait, the quick flight to Melbs. The ipad lost charge on the last leg half way through! What a brilliant invention!

Customs was easy, I said we had chips and maple syrup, they said, great, see ya!

I took a few deep breaths just before the doors opened to the public part of the airport where I knew a Yuval was waiting for us. I thought I could probably just almost hold it together and not cry when I saw him, but then I noticed a little Nissim and it was all over for me. We fell into each others arms and yep, he made me cry coz he is so cute.

I didn't see Yuval and Tova see each other, but Yuval said Tova ignored him. It wasn't until we got to the car that Tova wouldn't let Yuval put her down. She was clinging on so tight. It was beautiful.

Tova was completely fine. She stayed awake all day with no problems, I wanted to sleep so badly. I really struggled, and I think i fell asleep for 30 mins on the couch at 4ish. After dinner and bath we put Tova to bed at around 6 and I passed out at around 6.30pm. Nissim kept Yuval and I on our toes every couple of hours last night, waking and wanting to come into our bed etc...

Ok, so now it is Wednesday. Yesterday Yuval, Nissim, Tova and I went on the hunt to get her a big girl bed. We ended up trying out new prams and buying two wardrobes, one for each child. They were half price and they are perfect. So that is good.

Tova and I went to bed early last night.

This morning the school bus came and collected Tova, I took Nissim to creche.

I then went driving around FREEEEEE and went to a bunch of shops. Now I am home. For the first time in forever I am home alone. I feel terrible, tired, but happy. I wonder how school is going.
We turned the walking frame around but it is a bit fast for Tova with 4 wheels. I wonder if they are using her canes too? I will call them later.

One really lovely thing, amongst many lovely things, about this school is, when the bus came this morning, the bus monitor knew all about our adventures because she has been reading this blog. I think that is really sweet. Everyone one in that school loves the kids.. Well at least they love Tova! How could they not!

Canada Beanie

Day Thirty-Two and Niagara

Where to start.. Well firstly, it feels like 'more has happened' in the last 2 days than over the past 5 weeks. Not with regards to therapy of course, which was the entire reason we were here, but to do with interesting things and touristy things.. now just to figure out where to begin with the story... the start right?

Thursday. Tova went to class in the morning. I did the final touches on packing, then worked, then paced the building feeling lost once I had turned off my computer at around 11am. I spent time talking to Tracy, the mum I developed a good relationship with over the past 5 weeks. She is amazing and actually, if it wasn't for her, not sure that I would have managed mentally for the 5 weeks. The other parents were all just as amazing, but Tracy and I seemed to make a different connection. Anyways.

One of the adults that had been doing the program when we first arrived at the camp came to pick me up with her husband. They live locally. We had to leave before graduation was over, so Tova missed out on the party and amazing looking cake. I feel quite sad about that, but we had to get a train.

I didn't think I would get all emotional, but actually, when I grabbed Tova to go I couldn't talk. I kinda just ran out the door not able to say anything much.. How embarrassing. I am such a wuss. Rude too, but I didn't mean to be rude, I just hate crying in public. AND I didn't even end up crying. I probably would have if I was with Yuval or other family, but I was with people I hardly know and so, did't cry.. .

We drove VERY SLOWLY to the train station. I felt very extremely grateful for the ride to the train station in Bellville, and sad that we missed the graduation knowing that we could have stayed at the camp longer and then just driven faster than 60/70kmp, and made it to the train at the same time.. but the people I got a life with are lovely and it is all good. I was feeling emotional and stressed about traveling so not really sure how to deal with all that.

So, Tova and I got on the train... It was a beautiful, comfortable train with free wifi. I think we were moved into first class because that is where assistance was to help us get on the train.. What ever it was, it was comfortable and fun, heaps of fun. Tova is a great travel buddy. I was scared traveling with her, alone, in a foreign country, but she took it all in her stride watching her ipad and looking out the window. I am so very proud of her.

Not much happened on the train. Just sitting and looking.

We got to Toronto. We found our bag and checked it in the bag place for the night. Then made our way with MUCH confusion and worse than Melbourne signage, to our next train. Train to Burlington. In the end we found it, got on it and sat again. Tova being perfect all the time.

I actually worked out that we got on the wrong train but to the same destination. So it didn't matter, it was actually good because we had enough time to meet the bus, which we probably would have missed otherwise. So that was clever.

When we got off the train at Burlington a lovely lady showed us where to go to find the bus and she gave us her cookies (which of course, being the germaphobe I am, we didn't eat, I am sure they were perfectly fine, but.. ).

We eventually got on the bus to Niagara Falls.

Again, Tova perfect....

Once we arrived a lady who had been on our bus and who lives in Niagara Falls drove us to our hotel. We hadn't spoken on the bus or anything, she just heard me ask how long it would take to walk to the hotel.. NICE!!! That walk would have taken forever!

At the amazing hotel I asked for the best room possible (we had already paid for our room).. I explained that we had been stuck in the middle of somewhere with no car learning to walk for the past 5 weeks and we really needed to have something special to remember from Canada, something touristy special.. He put us on the 40th floor with the most unbelievable view of the falls. I mean seriously, unbelievable.

We got settled in and went downstairs to eat. I ate almost a weeks worth of food. Tova ate too, and entire bowl of guacamole and some fish and mashed potatoes. We are pigs. By the time we got back upstairs it was about 10pm. I don't mind, we are about to have serious jet lag, so what difference does it make. 
So any fat I didn't put on over the past 5 weeks, I put on over the past 2 days, that is for sure. 
After dinner we looked out the window and Tova went to bed.. 
In the morning I woke up at something like 7.45. I was lying there for a while and then heard whimpering. OMG, I looked over and there was NO TOVA IN HER BED. I leaped up frantically, where the fruck could she be? I had put about 10 pillows around her bed on the floor in case she fell out during the night. But she wasn't on any of them. I started picking them all up like a mad woman. I found her, under a pillow and wedged under her bed. FUCCCCCCCCRRRKKK. I almost threw up. Not sure about anything. I don't know how long, I don't know, I just don't know. I wish I could was my eyes from the vision. I don't want to keep seeing it. I grabbed her, scooped her up in my arms and put her next to me in my bed. She was still all sleepy. She was fine. but omg, omg, omg. How revolting. 
We skypedYuvie. Tova was more interested in watching the wiggles so, see ya aba! Sorry! You aren't as cool as the wiggles this morning! 
I went and checked the fridge and freezer that had been delivered to my room last night. They guy came up last night with two fridges, turned one down to freezing and the other to normal. I asked him a bunch of times which one was which and he told me.. well dude. You were wrong. The growth Hormone and other meds all got frozen, while the ice packs all melted. I tried to google the dangers of using frozen growth hormone etc. Not much to find other than DO NOT FREEZE.. Stressful. 
We went for breakfast. It was a free buffet, GROSS. I hate buffet food.. disgusting. But I had to feed T. So I grabbed a heap of bananas and porridge. The staff were amazing and helped me. Tova must be quite obviously 'special needs' to the public, because no one questioned me about needing help. Interesting. So anyway. The staff were very helpful, even though they weren't supposed to do table service or anything, they did.. Tova didn't like the porridge and ate 3 bananas. I took the fruit with us when we left. 
Check out was at 12 so we slowly got ready while being very distracted by the view from our room. Last night when I first walked in I swore. I mean, wow, what a view. 
We wandered around the falls for a few hours before we had to go get the bus. We mostly just spent money on food and gifts for Nissim. Tova didn't like the soup I got her, so I got her a muffin. It is really very difficult to eat out with someone that doesn't chew. I have given up almost, and now just feed her cake. That tim/tom Horton place is great because they the muffins for 1.25 or what ever they are. Tova is pretty much living off them today and probably tomorrow. 
We got a taxi to the bus, got on the bus, got back on the train from Burlington to Toronto. Met a great guy on the bus, that helped us on and off the stupid train that had no ramp. Then he walked with us to get my bag, and then out to the street to find the bus to the airport. It was tricky as it had been moved and where it was moved to, had no sign. But we found it and he wandered off. Thanks nice man.  
We got on a small bus to meet the big bus to take us to the airport. A lady let me use her phone to ring the hotel to ask them to come pick Tova and I up. We arrived at the airport and a few moments later the shuttle arrived. We got to our hotel and they told us to go next door because we have been upgraded. Nice. 
WOW, what a room. This place is lovely. Nothing to see out the windows, but so nice in here. Clean and new and fresh. I am impressed, especially as if I remember correctly, I didn't pay much for this room when I booked online the another week. Probably less than $100. 
It must have been around 8pm by the time we go here. We went down the road for dinner. We went to an irish pub. Tova fell in love with the Chinese, Canadian Musician playing his guitar and signing bob Marley songs. We ordered food and took it back to our hotel. I ate most of it, she ate some. 
She is now sleeping on a mattress on the floor thank you very much. I said to her she is welcome to fall off this one! Which she is currently almost doing. She is such a mover in her sleep, which is why I hate sleeping with her so much.

So that is that. We have met some amazing people over the past 2 days. Lots of people want to help us, no one has been scary, and we have had fun. Tova has been very tolerant the entire time. Thank goodness for the ipad.

This is our last night in Canada. Strange. wow, I am going to fall into Yuval's arms (after Tova of course, so perhaps in a few days, when they let each other go) and I am going to let my little precious most wonderful son in the universe fall into mine while I present him with his many gifts.

HOME TOMORROW, sort of.. we have to fly for 30 or so hours first, but HOME! I am looking forward to getting Tova moving using her canes and making her walk using her walking frame everywhere, even in the house. That is going to be reinforced, If she wants to get somewhere, she must walk!

Eating next, we will get her self feeding, then move onto solids, omg, and one day i can just hand her a sandwich and say, 'there ya go'. I can only imagine how easy life would be without worrying about having puree something all the time.

right.. photos. I might do them when I get home. Too tired right now.

Tova Touching the Waterfall
Niagara Falls Canada - USA View

Day Thirty-One

NO MORE HYPERBARICS! That is a nice feeling. Bitter sweet actually.

Sad because it is possibly doing Tova a world of Stem Cell good, and good because it is so very boring and tedious being locked in a little chamber with 3 other adults and 3 other children. That is  lots of people for such a small space.

Tova had her little video session today. I wasn't allowed in, so Yuval and I can watch it together once we figure out how to watch an American dvd on an Australian player. Perhaps we will never get to see it.

The interview bit was me talking to one of the therapists. We talked about Tova and her progress. She asked if I would come back. I said yes, but I would prefer my husband to come back instead, as long as the returned him. I remember Austria wanted to keep him because he is so fantastic with kids and people generally. I MISS MY FAMILY.

Another beautiful thunder storm tonight. Again, short but amazing.

Tomorrow Tova has class and then we are catching a train outta here.

Day Thirty

Only 2 more hyperbaric sessions to go. Tomorrow there are two. There isn't class tomorrow for Tova. There is a video and interview or something.

Today was fine. All the parents attended the class today (well all except two mums that left for the day to get tattoos while their hubbies sat in the room with the rest of us.. clever mums).We were on one side of the room, on very uncomfortable stools watching the kids have their day of therapy. It  was cute and fun to watch  most of the time. I did have to fight falling asleep standing up at one stage (we didn't only sit there, we also did work with the kids). Tova had woken up at about 4am this morning and I am really tired.

In the class today Tova took about 40 steps with the canes, she only did her fake falling a couple of times. She is VERY wobbly, but wow, she is improving already so much. Amazing to see. I had tears in my eyes. I know that it isn't 'walking' but it is closer. I have chosen to celebrate her wobbles, because before we got here, there was no way in the entire universe that she could do this. The therapists say that the only thing holding Tova back is her attitude. We will work on that. She's a clown.

After lunch was the chamber. I fell asleep in there. I had no choice, I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Tova let me mostly. It is kind of magnificent falling asleep in there as time passes so fast. I could have happily stayed in there for a few hours, sleeping.

Tova and I have completely run out of food. Well, we have oats, avocados and bananas.. We are leaving on Thursday, so hopefully there is food on the train to Toronto. Or we will be living off oats all Wednesday and Thursday.

I am so very much looking forward to SHOPS, being able to go buy milk when I need it. This has been a horrible experience living with no car and no public transport and no way to get anywhere. I am sure no one can live like this. It is HORRIBLE.

There have been a few thunder storms here for the past few nights. Really beautiful, very quick and very loud. The days have mostly been quite warm and sunny, which is nice considering we are going home to winter. Not that Tova and I have actually be outside for however many days. We did go outside today to pick Lilacs.

Wow, 30 days of therapy done and dusted. We most certainly have a changed Tova and motivation and tools to go home with. This was the right thing to do. I think Tova's life will change from now onwards..